File a Property Deed

A property deed is necessary to claim a property. It is used to transfer ownership of a property from one owner to another.

To file the deed, bring the deed and a $26 fee in the form of cash or check to the Chancery Clerk office. If the deed is more than five pages long, an additional fee of $1 per page will be charged upon filing.

Deeds of trust should be filed by the lending institution, an attorney or the lending individual.