Employment applications may be mailed to the County Administrator’s Office at the following address: 300 N. Lamar Blvd., Oxford, MS 38655 or P.O. Box 1240, Oxford, MS 38655. Applications may also be delivered directly to the department that has posted the job opportunity. Lafayette County is an equal opportunity employer.
Sheriff’s Department and Jail are accepting applications at this time.
1 Full Time Dispatcher – Lafayette County 9-1-1
Wage: $16.23 / hour
- Must have flexible hours
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and home game weekends
- Must be able to multitask
- Must have a good work ethic and have a good work history
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to type 30 wpm
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
Benefits to include
- Public Employees Retirement System (state retirement)
- Employee Health Insurance with the opportunity to purchase spouse and/or family coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi
- The opportunity to purchase Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Cancer Insurance at group rates
- Accumulate Medical Leave days (8 hours / month), and Personal Leave (12 hours/month)
- Deferred Compensation
- Hospital Wings
- Mississippi Federal Credit Union
- Other opportunities are available as employees of Lafayette County
Benefits through BlueCross BlueShield of Mississippi.