Apply for a U.S. passport at the Lafayette County Chancery Clerk’s Office. You do not need an appointment, but you will need the following:
- Your passport application. Access online forms from the U.S. Department of State website.
- A passport photo. The Chancery Clerk’s Office is equipped with a camera for taking passport photos. The charge for the photo is $10.
- A government-issued photo ID.
- Your certified birth certificate, if it is your first time applying for a passport.
- Correct payment for the U.S. Department of State in the form of a personal check, certified check, cashier’s check or money order. You cannot use a credit card, debit card or cash. Calculate your fee using the link above.
- Payment for a processing fees of $35 from the Chancery Clerk’s Office. This can be paid by cash, check or money order. Fees for expedited Passports are additional.