To participate in a traffic safety violator course, you must have been convicted of only a misdemeanor traffic offense. You must also file a Driving School Affidavit, which can be downloaded from the Justice Court page. This affidavit must be brought into the Justice Court to be filed. To be approved, you must also meet the following requirements:
- You must not have been convicted of a similar traffic violation within three (3) years before the current offense or since October 1, 2002, whichever is the lesser period of time.
- You cannot already be in the process of taking a traffic safety violator course under Mississippi Code Section 63-9-11.
- You cannot have already completed a traffic safety violator course under Mississippi Code section 63- 9-11 that is not yet reflected on your public or nonpublic driving record.
- You must have a valid driver’s license or permit.
- You cannot be a holder of a commercial driver’s license issued under the Mississippi Commercial Driver’s License Law.